Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Shamatix
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

PowerBI Remove Gridlines

Hey Fellow users of PowerBI,

I am currently in the making of a dashboard / report and I have begun struggling, more specifically with the gridlines.

I have the following pictures:

On the very first picture you see my cursor hovering over 2012 at the TOP and this works (hence why it is a light grey color)

On the second picture you see my cursor hovering over 2012 as well, but at the MIDDLE of the square, this DOESNT work because of all these stupid gridlines!

On the third picture you see which gridlines I am talking about in the power bi desktop, I had hoped these would go away once you have published a report / dashboard, but no! They just become invisible, but they are still there!

Anyways to turn  off these gridlines or lock a visualization in place to people wont get these gridlines??? This ruins so many things in my report / dashboards and it makes it so ugly that you basicly need to put so much white / blank / useless space between each visualization to make sure the end user can even click on the various things!

Kind of blows my mind if it's not possible to remove gridlines yet!

1:

2:

3:

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shamatix,

You could take advantage of Background and Border in Format pane or just give feedback via https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This wont do nothing tho! The end-user along with my self, will still get just as annoyed as already.

The user still WONT be able to use the visualizations unless I make huge spaces between em cus of these stupid, useless and ugly gridlines. These gridlines take up so much space that could have been used as well and makes the reports look way worse than they could have... I see it has been suggested multiple times to be able to disable em for specific or all visualizations and I have no upvoted every single one of em, but I doubt this gets fixed as there is posts back from 2015 about this.

Blows my mind how this is STILL a thing in all honesty, so easy to fix and causes so much struggle!

@Shamatix,

There are so many ideas. We can see the progress regularly, so stay tuned. To mitigate that effect, you could try to build an integrated slicer.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.