Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sriks
Regular Visitor

PowerApps integration in Power BI desktop

Hi,

i can't find the PowerApps visual in the marketplace insinde the desktop Power BI app.

PowerApps_in_BI.pngHope someone can help

Thanks in advance,

Sriks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

The PowerApps visual is now included by default after the october 2019 update

View solution in original post

Thanks,

I'm stuck at jully 2019 update (2.71.5523.941 64-bit (juillet 2019)) cause of my company.

If i understand correctly, the visual isn't in the marketplace anymore and i won't be able to find the visual directly in the visuals until i got the update ?

Do anyone know a workaround ?

Hi @Sriks ,

Unfortunately, I think the only way is to update Power BI Desktop.

As Gordonlilj said, it is a default visual now. And based on my test, it can't be used anymore in the previous version of Power BI. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Vikbaba1512

Can anyone help me with this model licensing? In case of adding PowerApp visual to a PowerBI, both are treated as separate products? and would they required separate licensing

Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

The PowerApps visual is now included by default after the october 2019 update

Thanks,

I'm stuck at jully 2019 update (2.71.5523.941 64-bit (juillet 2019)) cause of my company.

If i understand correctly, the visual isn't in the marketplace anymore and i won't be able to find the visual directly in the visuals until i got the update ?

Do anyone know a workaround ?

Hi @Sriks ,

Unfortunately, I think the only way is to update Power BI Desktop.

As Gordonlilj said, it is a default visual now. And based on my test, it can't be used anymore in the previous version of Power BI. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There is a download link for the file here https://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-custom-visuals-powerapps 

How well it's going to work i can't say

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.