Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AvPowerBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power Query Editor showing column as TRUE / FALSE but source is showing as 1 or 0

Hi,

I am connecting to an Azure SQL Database and the View I am selecting has a column where the values are 1 or 0, when this is imported into Power BI Desktip and I view this in Power Query Editor the value is showing this TRUE or FALSE. Why is this, I have added a Custom column after this and it is not returning the correct results be it is looking for a 1 which is nver there. How do I just show it as 1 or 0 only?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AvPowerBI ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @AvPowerBI 

If thee source column is 1's and 0's then someething in your PQ code is changing that to true/false.  Checks the query steps to see what - look for stpes with names like Changed Type

Alternatively, chnage the type of the True/False column to Whole Number 

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AvPowerBI ,

Are your results in logical(1/0)? If they are, try to change data type to True/False. 

20.png

Otherwise, you could try to create a conditional column, then change the data type of the new column to True/False.

21.png

22.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @AvPowerBI 

Did you try changing the data type to "Whole Number". It automatically converts it to 0 and 1

If I helped you solve your problem, please mark this as a solution!

Regards,

Veena Shenolikar

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.