Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

njohnimperial
Regular Visitor

Power Query Editor becomes invisible

I am using a pro license with the latest 64 bit version of Power BI desktop for financial reports that haven't had this issue before. The pbix file opens, but when I click on transform data, everything but the top pane becomes invisible. I say invisible because when I hover over where a query would be, the name appears (see screenshot). Other users besides myself have this issue as well, and our only current workaround is to restart the whole computer a couple times until the editor becomes visible again. The files are a little more than 1 GB. When trying to close the file, it freezes and I use task manager to kill it. 

If anyone has faced this issue and/or knows what's going on, please advise. Thank you!

power bi invisible.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@njohnimperial , Make sure there is no pending windows patch. If there is one install that.

Reinstall the latest version and try.

Make sure sufficient memory is taken by power bi. Sometimes, the browser eats up all memory

Hard disk to have more than 20 GB of free space

if still it does not work, log an issue  - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@njohnimperial , Make sure there is no pending windows patch. If there is one install that.

Reinstall the latest version and try.

Make sure sufficient memory is taken by power bi. Sometimes, the browser eats up all memory

Hard disk to have more than 20 GB of free space

if still it does not work, log an issue  - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors