Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RVendel
Regular Visitor

Power KPI Matrix Decimal point

Hi,

I have a problem with the "Power KPI Matrix" custom visual in PowerBI Desktop, cause numbers / numeric values (like Actuals, Targets etc.) do not reflect the right "Format Culture" set on my PC for numeric values.

I am Dutch / European where in my case Decimal point show as "," (comma) and thousands as "." (point).

Importing XLS data goes fine and shows correct in PowerBI Desktop the value (see "Actual" below), as 1.550,76 in "Data view mode" and also when the value is shown in a simple Table-visual in "Report mode".

Correct and like wanted (see green).

Power KPI Matrix.png

But.... (see red😞 The custom Visual "Power KPI Matrix" however shows this Actual value as 1,550.76 (so a point where I expect/want a comma and a comma where I expect/want a point).

My conclusion after hours of searching and testing is:

It does not reflect/respect “Format Culture = nl-NL”, but instead uses Fromat culture = “en-US”.

Is there an option which I overlooked or can this please be fixed?

Ronald

8 REPLIES 8
PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Still having this issue. I really like the visual, but it's basicly useless (except for the sparklines). The number formatting sometimes is even 'scientific' (6.5E+39) which seems impossible to change.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RVendel 

When changing format to #.0,00, It shows "," as decimal point.

Capture16.JPG

Please update to lastest version of Power BI and Power KPI matrix.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-juanli-msft 

Hello Maggie,

I have latest february version of PBI Desktop and Power KPI Matrix.

The format you suggested is not working.

The value in my XLS/table is this, so my decimal point is a comma with 2 digets behind the comma, and a point for Thousands, which is good, like I want (European/Dutch notation).

Power KPI Matrix (data).png

When using the default format within Power KPI matrix for the Actual value I get this (which is wrong/not wanted):

Power KPI Matrix (default).png

When using the format you suggest (#.0,00), I get this as a Value in KPI Matrix:

Power KPI Matrix (suggested).png

This is also wrong/not wanted and all variances I tried did not work for me..

What can be wrong or should be changed by me ?

Thnaks and greetings,

Ronald

@RVendel ,

First remove that formatting and visual level and check does it get the same formatting ae the date view or not.

Refer this for formatting:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/custom-numeric-formats-for-the-format-function

https://radacad.com/custom-format-fields-and-measures-in-power-bi

@amitchandak 

Hello Amitchandak,

Thanks for looking into my issue / request for help.

I tried and read all suggested and did not manage to get the "Power KPI matrix" behave like I want or how it should behave with decimal numbers, especially taking into account my (Dutch/European) decimal point which is a comma and thousands which is a point. In US you wright 2,453.56 and in Dutch that woukd be 2.453,56 (like I need).

With all (custom)visuals I use I am able to manage that.

Except not for the "Power KPI matrix" (custom) Visual.

My PC's Region/Language is set as "Dutch/Netherlands/NL".

Below you see a screenshot of the Pbix I made, based on XLS data with decimal numbers in it.

The simple "Table" Visual shows it correct (see green boxed).

The "Power KPI Matrix" *boxed red) is stubbornly using a point (.) as decimal point and a comma (,) for thousands, whatever Format I try use.

So... my guess is that the "Power KPI Matrix"is not respecting or not taking into account my Regional/Language setting of my PC. And/or I am not able to define some Format setting to influence that behaviour of depecting the decimals correctly like I want/need.

Result.PNG

In the above "Power KPI Matrix" (boxed Red), you see left the default Format value, the two visuals on the right have Format settings changed by me where I switched decimal point for a comma and used a comma for thousands but that does not give the expected results.

So again: my guess is that the "Power KPI Matrix"is not respecting or not taking into account my Regional/Language setting of my PC (or I need some other Formar setting which I am not able to figure out cause I tried many..).

Rgrds.,
Ronald

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RVendel 

Hello Ronald,

I'm Spanish and I have the same problem with the 'Power KPI matrix'. Did you finally find a solution for this?

Thanks and regards,
Delfín.

Hi Delfin.. Sorry, no solution.. 

I think MS USA do not understand what the issue is of us forreign Europeans..

They should try to reproduce it on a European PC with Dutch or Spanish or German (etc.) PC language settings..

Or yhe should involve an Eurpoean MS PowerBI employee..

Rgrds.,
Ronald

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.