Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IM_1690
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi to Vertica Connectivity on non default port.

Hi,

Below is the Scenario and issue-

Scenario –We have On-Prem Vertica DB which is running on port 1515 (default port is 5433) and we are using Power bi as reporting tool some of the reports may have data more that 1 GB. For this scenario we are facing the below challenges-

1. The Named Vertica Connector which comes along with Power BI has default port 5433 doesn’t has an option to connect to non-default port 1515, please refer below screenshot for error.

2. If we use ODBC driver then we are able to connect via port 1515, as per our understanding we only have Import option in ODBC which has 1 GB data limitation where as  some of the reports may have data more than 1 GB is it possible to increase the data limit or use direct query option via ODBC connection method.

Please do let us know if there any other option or method though which we can connect to Vertica.  Error.png

Thanks & Rgerds,

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IM_1690 ,

I'm not familiar to Vertica. So I am not sure if the issue is caused by port code.  I find a similar thread about the error code of 400. Maybe it can help you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/We-could-not-register-this-data-source-for-any-gateway-inst...

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.