Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SHill83
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi sign in disappears after I press 'continue'

Hi,

I am on the latest version of power bi desktop and I have just moved to windows 11. Since moving to windows 11 I've had trouble signing into power bi. It asks me to sign in but as soon as I press 'continue' the sign in window disappears and nothing else happens, there are no error messages and according to my windows activity, I have signed into power bi successfully but I am unable to publish anything out to the power bi web service as it's saying i need to sign in first:

SHill83_0-1678814821722.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SHill83
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak the issue has now been resolved by out IT network team, it was something to do with the firewall! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DanielRamirez

I had this problem and I just reboot my computer and I was sign in again.

Worth trying the easiest solutions sometimes 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. how to solve it?

SHill83
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak the issue has now been resolved by out IT network team, it was something to do with the firewall! 🙂

For anyone else having the same issue and it's not a firewall issue, check to see if your system has TLS 1.3 enabled. PowerBI Desktop would do this same behaviour for us until we disabled TLS 1.3 in the registry. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.3\Client\Enabled

Set the value to 0

Hi @SHill83 

Same thing is happening to me.

How can I saolved it by myself?

Thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SHill83 , Try this option and check again

Go to File-> Options and settings -> Options -> Security Option -> and check : Use My Default browser( Visible after scroll)

if needed, clear the cache of the default browser

@amitchandak thank you for your help, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me. I still have the same problem, is there anything else you can think of that I might need to do? Many thanks in advance 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.