Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

siil-itman
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi for Hybrid Azure & 365

As the title suggests, I'm working with a hybrid 365 setup. For a number of reasons, we are still working with an on-premise AD and I'm extracting all sorts of info our of our AD and on-premise systems into Power Bi to give me all sorts of useful info.

What I would like to do is to be able to query 365 for licenses so I can show the unlicensed accounts in our AD but I can't work out how to connect to and query 365. Has anyone else done this or can give me a clue how?

While I'm currently working from Power Bi Desktop, i'm moving my data and reports into app.powerbi.com. I've setup a gateway server and am currently creating dataflows and datasets that auto refresh to stop people nagging me for the latest data. It would be preferable that the solution to get the 365 data is something I can automate?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @siil-itman ,

You can connect to Office 365 Adoption content pack:

Office 365 Adoption content pack

Customize the Office 365 Adoption content pack

Power BI desktop provide exchange online connector for us to get data:

RicoZhou_0-1656913056147.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
siil-itman
Frequent Visitor

@v-rzhou-msft Thanks for the links, I cracked it in the end thanks to those.

I've did it in powerbi online as I need the scheduled refresh. I ended up setting up a new dataflow using OData as the data source. Once I pointed it at reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/%tennant id% and used "organisational credentials", it gave me access to the data I needed in the UserState table. 

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @siil-itman ,

You can connect to Office 365 Adoption content pack:

Office 365 Adoption content pack

Customize the Office 365 Adoption content pack

Power BI desktop provide exchange online connector for us to get data:

RicoZhou_0-1656913056147.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.