Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amsrivastavaa
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI

Hi Guys!!

I have this layout of the report 

amsrivastavaa_0-1667274971579.png

Filters : YEAR and Range.

Range Filter works on Measure named Measure_Selector, i.e. when any value in RANGE filter is selected, every record in the table will get Matrix_Selector as 1 or 0, and whereever Matrix_Selector =1, data is of our interest

In above case, when user selectes Range=<25%, then record where Project=ZEE5 is qualified as Matrix_Selector is 1 for records.

Till here I am good, I am able to acheive the same.

FYI, Base Table looks like as below, i.e. having multiple KPI and multiple Year data for one Project.

amsrivastavaa_1-1667275423477.png

Requirment : 

My ultimate requirement is to display data into the another MATRIX Visual for only those Project and YEAR where we are getting Matrix_Selector=1 above, i.e. Project=Zee5 and Year=2020  but for all the KPI's, so my Matrix will show data as below, i.e, need to show all the KPI for Year=2020 and Project=ZEE5

amsrivastavaa_0-1667276364631.png

Please suggest, How to do it.

Thanks

Amit 

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amsrivastavaa ,

Have you tried to put the measure named Measure_Selector into the visual-level filters of the matrix?

When you put it, set up show items when the value is 1. The result of the matrix will be filtered.

Add a filter to a report in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-stephen-msft ,

We can do that but it will not help me to acheive my requirement.

I need to display data for all the measure for the projects those identified in very first step.

I.e. Very first, I need to figure out what are Project and YEAR identied when User selects RANGE=<25% for KPI=Subscription Revenue; then need to display all the measure against those Project and Year.

If, i will place matrix_slector as a filter in Matrix visual, it will only shown records for one KPI only i.e. Subscription Revenue.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.