Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI modeling tab has no properties section to select or remove summation for specific columns

Hi All,

Latest version - 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019). 

I have built a table from an excel file. I have selected the specific columns needed and one of the column has integer values. I want to remove the summation for the columns to carry out individual processes, but the latest update is showing "no tab for properties in modelling". I am stuck, and have mixed emotions with regards to the power BI team of what they thing while rolling an update. You can find the image below.

Regards

powerBi Capture.PNG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your screenshot, you are using updated ribbon, you can find full details in this documentation.
contextual.JPG
You can select the columns which has integer values, it will display 2 new tabs in ribbon: Table Tools and Column Tools tab. You can set the summarization in Column Tools tab as below:
column tools ribbon.JPG
If you are not used to using the updated ribbon, you can switch back to the previous version with the following settings:
1. Click File->Options and Settings->Options
2. GLOBAL -> Preview features, uncheck the option “Updated ribbon
    updated ribbon.JPG
3.  Restart Power BI desktop

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your screenshot, you are using updated ribbon, you can find full details in this documentation.
contextual.JPG
You can select the columns which has integer values, it will display 2 new tabs in ribbon: Table Tools and Column Tools tab. You can set the summarization in Column Tools tab as below:
column tools ribbon.JPG
If you are not used to using the updated ribbon, you can switch back to the previous version with the following settings:
1. Click File->Options and Settings->Options
2. GLOBAL -> Preview features, uncheck the option “Updated ribbon
    updated ribbon.JPG
3.  Restart Power BI desktop

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, i have the same problem, in the modeling tab i cannot see proprieties tab and FORMATTING tab. I try to rezolve it with this solutions but in previous features i do not have the "UPDATED RIBBON". Any solutions ? Many thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

When you put a field into a table then in visualization pane, you are shown a list. Right-click and choose no summarization

Refer :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OJOBrQtSA

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-aggregates

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.