Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Reply
Aubinp
New Member

Power BI embeded CRM Dynamics 365

Hello everyone,

 

In a dynamic CRM O365, I embeded a Power BI Report with a xml script following the instructions of the website : https://crmchartguy.com/2019/03/24/embed-filtered-power-bi-reports-on-dynamics-365-forms-again-the-o...

It actually works perfectly.

 

I also added a filter for this report based on the gaia_idbi field. The filter is presented as such in the xmlform :

 

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"ClientPBI\",\"column\":\"No.Value\"},\"operator\":\"Is\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "gaia_idbi"}}</PowerBIFilter>

 

Therefor the Power BI report present in the CRM returns only the information of the account opened in the CRM.

 

The filter compares the gaia_idbi present in the CRM and a data field (No.Value in the table ClientPBI) comming from a ERP (Navision). Both return to a customer number which is connected, so basicaly a number in the CRM is equal to the same number in the ERP. The filter works sometime but most of the time it doesn't.

I have found that when there is a letter in the account number (for example C5861) the filter works but when it's only number (for example 4100681) is doesn't. Does it mean that there is a transformation in the gaia_idbi's filed type behind the code ? 

 

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
clausm73
Helper III
Helper III

I am experiencing the exact same "error" - so my filter works for a value 104000-0 but not 36944.

With this my filter looks like:

 

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Bridge Account\",\"column\":\"accountnumber\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountnumber"}}</PowerBIFilter>

 

On the other hand - if I adapt my filter to include " - [\"$a\"] - then its the other way arround - then 36944 works but not 104000-0.

 

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Bridge Account\",\"column\":\"accountnumber\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[\"$a\"],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountnumber"}}</PowerBIFilter>

 

I assume there is some sort of data type guessing game happening in the embed components scripts and its guessing on the value not the underlying data type in the target or destination.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Aubinp 

Sorry I can't fix it on my side currently, please kindly raise it to the support team for better advice, thanks a lot!
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors