Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Reply
Aubinp
New Member

Power BI embeded CRM Dynamics 365

Hello everyone,

 

In a dynamic CRM O365, I embeded a Power BI Report with a xml script following the instructions of the website : https://crmchartguy.com/2019/03/24/embed-filtered-power-bi-reports-on-dynamics-365-forms-again-the-o...

It actually works perfectly.

 

I also added a filter for this report based on the gaia_idbi field. The filter is presented as such in the xmlform :

 

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"ClientPBI\",\"column\":\"No.Value\"},\"operator\":\"Is\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "gaia_idbi"}}</PowerBIFilter>

 

Therefor the Power BI report present in the CRM returns only the information of the account opened in the CRM.

 

The filter compares the gaia_idbi present in the CRM and a data field (No.Value in the table ClientPBI) comming from a ERP (Navision). Both return to a customer number which is connected, so basicaly a number in the CRM is equal to the same number in the ERP. The filter works sometime but most of the time it doesn't.

I have found that when there is a letter in the account number (for example C5861) the filter works but when it's only number (for example 4100681) is doesn't. Does it mean that there is a transformation in the gaia_idbi's filed type behind the code ? 

 

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
clausm73
Helper III
Helper III

I am experiencing the exact same "error" - so my filter works for a value 104000-0 but not 36944.

With this my filter looks like:

 

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Bridge Account\",\"column\":\"accountnumber\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountnumber"}}</PowerBIFilter>

 

On the other hand - if I adapt my filter to include " - [\"$a\"] - then its the other way arround - then 36944 works but not 104000-0.

 

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Bridge Account\",\"column\":\"accountnumber\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[\"$a\"],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountnumber"}}</PowerBIFilter>

 

I assume there is some sort of data type guessing game happening in the embed components scripts and its guessing on the value not the underlying data type in the target or destination.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Aubinp 

Sorry I can't fix it on my side currently, please kindly raise it to the support team for better advice, thanks a lot!
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.