Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JohnDawson
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dataset data refresh: asks for credentials then hangs indefinitely

Lots of people seem to be having this and related problems but I can't find anything that helps me there ...

My main point is that the credentials I'm using are the same as those I use successfully to access the same data using SQL Server Management Studio - but on Power BI web portal it hangs indefinitely ...

I have the Firewall setup correctly (I believe), including to allow access to Azure services

Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Raised a ticket on this; answer was that the connection string to the SQL Server contained also the port number (1433); when this was removed, the problem disappeared; root caused unknown, possibly an incombatibility between successive versions of Power BI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@JohnDawson

Can capture and share the Fiddler Trace for more detail information?

Or you may create a support ticket.

Regards,

Here's my fiddler trace, while the authentication attempt was hanging. Any use? Tks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byej6lppY-3iUVVwNjJrUDhaSDg/view?usp=sharing

Raised a ticket on this; answer was that the connection string to the SQL Server contained also the port number (1433); when this was removed, the problem disappeared; root caused unknown, possibly an incombatibility between successive versions of Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.