Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajeshw
Frequent Visitor

Power BI connectivity with Azure Blob storage through Service Principal or Managed identity

Hi Team

We don't want connect power bi  to Azure Blob storage through access key as access key may change anytime and user will not able to access the report.

Is it possible to Power BI can  connect to Azure blob stogare through service principal or managed idetity. If yes, Please provide the steps.

Regards,

Rajesh 

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajeshw ,

Based on my research, I could not find any ways to connect Power BI Desktop to Azure Blob Storage using service principal or managed idetity.

You could use Shared Access Signature(SAS) to connect Blob Storage in Power BI. This guide will help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/chmitch/connecting-to-blob-storage-with-a-shared-acce... 

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/connecting-to-azure-blobs-in-power-bi 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rajeshw
Frequent Visitor

My query is, can we connect to blob storage throgh service principal or managed identity? If yes, kindly provide the steps

mh2587
Super User
Super User

azure.PNG

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.