Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ken22g
Frequent Visitor

Power BI blank appear in visual (no active relationship)

So I have this one table that always has blank no matter what I do in the transform data, there are no relationships active on this BI (I turned it off for troubleshooting, and I have removed any cell that may contain blank but it still showing blank in the visual, and it shows -- in the new slicer visual. I can filter this out to solve but I want to know the root cause.

Update: the blank seems to only appear on slicer visuals, but not on normal ones like bar charts, pie graphs etc.

5 REPLIES 5
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

@foodd , thanks for your concern about the problem, and i want to refer some more information for user to refer to.

hello @ken22g , based on your descriotion, you can try refresh the data in power query.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1720494942601.png

Then you can check if you use some visual filter for the slicer visual.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi, I have already tried that but to no avail, the only way I was able to solve it was to recreate my whole project as a whole as I needed to do it anyway.  I was not the one who made the first project and was only upgrading features for it so there is a lot I do not know, regardless I am thankful for the response 

ken22g
Frequent Visitor

I am not sure I can recreate the problem on another file and share it, I downloaded the file from SAP, and the system I have going on is it searches through a folder in our Box, then filters the latest file and expands it, from here it's just the usual transformation, remove some columns, remove blanks, and duplicate, trimmed text, and change file type. interestingly the other table on that same file works fine no Blank when put on the slicer. only this table. 

ken22g
Frequent Visitor

I can however send this, the advanced editor code of the table. (with some edits for sensitive info)

let
Source = Folder.Files("my file"),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each Text.Contains([Name], "my file name")),
Custom1 = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows", each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
// Extract the date from the file name
DateColumn = Table.AddColumn(Custom1, "Date", each Text.Split(Text.AfterDelimiter([Name], "__"), "-"){0}),

// Find the latest date
LatestDate = List.Max(DateColumn[Date]),

// Filter data for the latest file
FilteredData = Table.SelectRows(DateColumn, each [Date] = LatestDate),
#"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(FilteredData, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
#"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File (8)", each #"Transform File (8)"([Content])),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Transform File (8)"}),
#"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File (8)", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File (8)"(#"Sample File (8)"))),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Table Column1",{"Column1", "Column12", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column6", "Column2", "Column3"}),
#"Trimmed Text" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Column4", Text.Trim, type text}}),
#"Removed Blank Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Trimmed Text", each not List.IsEmpty(List.RemoveMatchingItems(Record.FieldValues(_), {"", null}))),
#"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Blank Rows"),
#"Removed Top Rows" = Table.Skip(#"Removed Duplicates",1),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Removed Top Rows", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"newC1", type text}, {"Newc2", type text}, {"NewC3", type text}, {"NewC4", Int64.Type}, {"NewC5", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type"

foodd
Super User
Super User

Hello @ken22g, and thank you for sharing a question with the Community.  The following is informational only.  Please remember to adhere to the decorum of the Community Forum when asking a question.

Please provide your work-in-progress Power BI Desktop file (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely in a usable format (not as a screenshot). You can upload the PBIX file to a cloud storage service such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, or to a Github repository, and then share a file’s URL.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

This allows members of the Forum to assess the state of the model, report layer, relationships, and any DAX applied.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.