Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Dinaveth

Power BI and Excel

Dear Powe BI Team,

I am using power bi to extrat some information from an oracle database and I am modeling the information un power query. But I want to add a "notes" columnm this notes are manually inserted and comes from an excel sheet.

To avoid using Power Bi to obtain the information fron the oracle data base and use excel to obtain my comments data, I want to have the power bi report in excel in the same file where I have my notes is there other option besides copy and paste the power bi table every time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good point, I think I found an aceptable solution so I will accept this as an answer 😁 thank you for replying 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dinaveth

Thank you for your answer, it is easer to transform the data in PBI and a dashboard will be created with this information.

I would challenge that, especially when you talk about adding annotations to the data. Power BI is still rather bad at that.

Good point, I think I found an aceptable solution so I will accept this as an answer 😁 thank you for replying 🙂

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Read about the "Analyze in Excel" feature of Power BI.

On an unrelated note - What do you need Power BI for when you could connect to your Oracle db directly from Excel?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.