Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerQA1
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Schedule Dates vs. Actual Date File Received

Hi All,

I am trying to create a visual where I am able to show the schedule date when a file was supposed to be received vs. a calendar date representing a weekly schedule.

This is the view I am looking for:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Desired Results

• I used Excel to show this as an example:
  • So I would like to get just the 1 row filled in for if a file was received that week
  • If no file was received I would like it to be blank
  • This allows us to know which files are missing

PowerQA1_0-1679844388560.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Results

• This is the current results we get
  • The table visual populates the schedule dates perfectly using the relationship between the date table and schedule table
  • But the table visual repeats the field received date into every row
  • I would like it to only populate the row for the correct schedule week that the file was received

PowerQA1_1-1679844388565.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date Table with a Relationship to the Schedule Table

• The schedule table has a day of the week when the file is expected
  • By connecting it to the standard Power BI Date table via the day of the week I get the schedule dates of when the weekly file is expected
  • But when these two fields are placed into a table visual I get the proper schedule dates but the Date of the 1 file received is repeated in every row.
  • Any ideas how to get the results in the Excel example?

PowerQA1_0-1679844846863.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerQA1 , the Date table should only have 1-m Many single-directional join. You should join on the date(in case a date has a timestamp remove that using datevalue)

receviced date = datevalue([received])

You can deal with both dates with inactive join

refer

Power BI: HR Analytics - Employees as on Date : https://youtu.be/e6Y-l_JtCq4
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Amit thanks so much for your reply.

The first issue is I do not have the actual schedule table.

I know the client information which includes this information:

Customer Key / Index
Client Name
Frequency - In this case weekly
Day - The day the file is expected

So then I need to generate a full schedule for each client.
This would give me the dates files are expected.
So when I connected the date table to the client table by the day of the week I got a full schedule for each customer, which I can show in a table visual, but not in an actual table

My goal is to establish the schedule then compare actual files received vs. the schedule. To see what is missing...

I will look through the rest of your very nice detaile solution but I wanted to share this point.

Again I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.

I am still some what of a hacker 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.