Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anilsharma80
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report template

I would like to create a tamplate for Power BI reprot ,so when a develop use that tempate or create a new page the define formate will 

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anilsharma80 ,

To create a report template, select File > Export > Power BI template from the menu, which brings up the following window, which prompts you to provide a description for the template. desktop-templates-01.png

desktop-templates-02.png

Select OK and you're prompted for a file location to store the .PBIT template file.

8.png

Power BI report template is created in the file location you specify, with the extension .PBIT.

You can learn more about creating templates and using them from this official document.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Stephen ,

Thanks for your details input , I am looking if we can add the banner / company logo in the template  file and when add new page the same logo/banner,color  and the format will copy automatically in newly added pages.  

Thanks 

Hi @anilsharma80 ,

Set up one page in your Desktop file that as your logo/colours etc. how you want them, but with no other objects on it. You can hide this page by right-clicking on the page tab so it is not displayed in the enduser report in the Power BI Service.

When you want a new page with the correct logo/colours etc., just duplicate this hidden template page.

BA_Pete_1-1632901009284.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @anilsharma80 ,

Create your template in Power BI Desktop as if you were creating any other report. You can set parameters, formats etc.

When you want to create the template from it, go to File > Export > Power BI Template.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.