Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BenBallantine
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Visual for duration

I'm struggling to create a power BI visual showing outages types with their respective durations against them.

This is one aspect of the data I'm looking to use and as you can see it's in 'time' format:

BenBallantine_0-1669724910315.png

I assume for it to work properly on a visual it needs to be in 'duration' data type but it's throwing an error when I try and convert it from 'time' to 'duration' data type.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Durations are converted to a decimal (in days) when loaded. Best practice is to leave it as a decimal, do your measures, and then format it at the end. Please see this article for more detail and examples.

Calculate and Format Durations in DAX – Hoosier BI

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Thank you @amitchandak for the very quick response. I'm not sure this has answered my question. The root-cause of the problem is when I try and load duration and outage title to a Power BI Visual I get a 'count of duration outage' when I need duration displayed across the bottom as 'hh:mm:ss'.

BenBallantine_0-1669730465605.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.