Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

John_R_

Power BI Report Builder - Parameters in Headers

I'm having some trouble displaying what I want in the report I'm creating.  My data is something like a list of invoice data.  I have the row groups on Company, Region, and Invoice Number.  I have my table create a page break with on Invoice Number.  I can create a table that displays everything I want.  My problem is that I don't want everything to be displayed in the table.  It gets too big.  I'd like to display fields like Company and Region in text boxes. My problem is that I do not know how to tie together what the table is currently showing and what the text boxes show.  For instances, the text box might always show the first company's name despite the invoice data in the table showing data for a different company.

Is there a good solution for this?  Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_R_

I ended up realizing the solution.  It was so simple that I didn't consider it.  I can just use multiple tables.  As long as I group them all by the same fields, everything lines up.  I can just arrange the different tables where they need to be to create the view I need.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
John_R_

I ended up realizing the solution.  It was so simple that I didn't consider it.  I can just use multiple tables.  As long as I group them all by the same fields, everything lines up.  I can just arrange the different tables where they need to be to create the view I need.  

John_R_

Thanks, but that video didn't help.  I think I explained my problem poorly.

I basically have a table that has a page break with every invoice.  I'm trying to create text fields that show values related to current invoice that is being shown.  I basically want to be able to take a table and move the different cells of it around on the page.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.