Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stormy_00
Regular Visitor

Power BI Navigator Buttons and Filtering between bookmarks

I created a navigator with two buttons that navigate between two bookmarks on the same page. Each shows a different table but they correlate together.

When I select a row, I would like to click between the two buttons and keep only that selection. It is not filtering on the one row. This is how I have the two bookmarks set up. What am I missing?

Stormy_00_0-1702912192393.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Stormy_00 ,

Do you mean dynamically selecting an event and the bookmark dynamically displaying a message containing only that one event? If you use bookmarks, you would need to create multiple bookmarked pages to display 10966 or 10977. If you only want to have action bookmarks and details bookmarks, and have the details bookmark dynamically change, unfortunately this is not possible. You can consider setting up drillthrough in reports.

Refer : Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stormy_00 ,

Create two bookmarks.
1.action. includes a select-all slicer and table, hide slicer.
2.10955 details. includes a slicer and form with only 10955 selected, hiding the slicer.

vtangjiemsft_0-1702970477591.pngvtangjiemsft_1-1702970521557.png

Then the result is as follows.

vtangjiemsft_2-1702970579415.pngvtangjiemsft_3-1702970591119.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft ,

What if I want to see only 10966 or 10977?

Hi @Stormy_00 ,

Do you mean dynamically selecting an event and the bookmark dynamically displaying a message containing only that one event? If you use bookmarks, you would need to create multiple bookmarked pages to display 10966 or 10977. If you only want to have action bookmarks and details bookmarks, and have the details bookmark dynamically change, unfortunately this is not possible. You can consider setting up drillthrough in reports.

Refer : Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Hi @v-tangjie-msft 

That didn't work.

o_belov
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Stormy_00 ,

You wrote, that each bookmarks shows a different table but you select All visuals.

I recommend don't use the All visuals option.
Cancel Date, Current page (mostly unnecessary option), All visuals,  select Selected visuals.

o_belov_0-1702918021948.png

Next, on the Selections pane, select 2 tables that need to be switched, but note that one should be hidden and the other not. After that make an update of the bookmark.

Then hide the table that is displayed and display the one that is hidden. Select them again on the pane and update the second tab.
Like here

o_belov_2-1702918926973.png

Hi @o_belov ,

It didn't work. 

Stormy_00_0-1702923462646.png

Stormy_00_1-1702923529125.png

I did the same for Actions.

Stormy_00
Regular Visitor

I select Event 10955 from the Details list. I click on the Actions Navigation button to go to the Actions Bookmark and it shows all the events. I only want to show Event 10955. How do I do that?

Stormy_00_1-1702913027412.png

Didn't work.

HI @Stormy_00 

Please use "@" and type the username to who you are replying. It's just easy to get notifications 😊

Ok so on which bookmark did you make this update? Actions bookmark?

Is it possible to share more screeshots please like what is not working?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 

I applied it to both bookmarks.

Stormy_00_0-1702914839542.png

When I click on Actions, it shows all the Events

Stormy_00_1-1702915078404.png

Hi @Stormy_00 

Just check the Data option on your bookmarks setting.

Pragati11_0-1702913246445.png

Make sure to update the bookmark after doing this.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hello,

It did not work.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Stormy_00 ,

Can you please share some screesnhots and explain the question please?

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.