Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBI_V2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI Mobile Dashboard vs Tableau

Hello All,

As public user, when we open power BI mobile dashboard into a mobile browser. it is opening as Web version only. We would like to check if tableau or any other tool will have the functionality to create Mobile dashboard and will open as Mobile version when a user open the report in mobile browser.

Thanks,

PBI V2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @PBI_V2,

When it comes to creating and viewing mobile dashboards, both Power BI and Tableau offer great solutions, though they approach the mobile experience differently. Here's my take:

Power BI

• Power BI provides a native mobile app available for iOS, Android, and Windows devices. The app is designed to display reports and dashboards in a mobile-friendly format.
  • Within Power BI Desktop, you can design reports specifically for mobile view.
  • When opening a Power BI report in a mobile browser without using the Power BI mobile app, it defaults to the web version.

Tableau

• Similar to Power BI, Tableau offers a native mobile app for iOS and Android devices
  • Tableau dashboards can automatically adjust to fit mobile screens.

If your requirement is for dashboards to open in an optimized mobile version directly in a browser, without relying on a native app, Tableau might have a slight edge due to its responsive design capabilities.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @PBI_V2,

When it comes to creating and viewing mobile dashboards, both Power BI and Tableau offer great solutions, though they approach the mobile experience differently. Here's my take:

Power BI

• Power BI provides a native mobile app available for iOS, Android, and Windows devices. The app is designed to display reports and dashboards in a mobile-friendly format.
  • Within Power BI Desktop, you can design reports specifically for mobile view.
  • When opening a Power BI report in a mobile browser without using the Power BI mobile app, it defaults to the web version.

Tableau

• Similar to Power BI, Tableau offers a native mobile app for iOS and Android devices
  • Tableau dashboards can automatically adjust to fit mobile screens.

If your requirement is for dashboards to open in an optimized mobile version directly in a browser, without relying on a native app, Tableau might have a slight edge due to its responsive design capabilities.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.