Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Measure and Slicer

Hello everyone, I want to filter my report. For example; (Count> 80) and I want to use the filter in slicer. For example, show data with (Count> 80). I use sql server as database. I get the queries from sql view. I am using DirectQuery. I have to finish quickly. How can I do that?

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could add a new table or What If parameters to create a slicer, but it turns to be a mixed mode.

If you only want to do it in direct query mode, the condition values will be hard coding. Looking forward to a feasible solution.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Count of what > 80? Is Count a column with values in it? Is it a measure? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @Greg_Deckler ,

A column with values ​​in count. For example; PieceCount> 80.

Hmm, DirectQuery complicates this tremendously. If it was import mode, just create a separate table from 0-MAX(Count) and then a measure, Measure = IF(Count>SELECTEDVALUE('Slicer'[Value]),1,0) and use this measure to filter on equaling 1 for your visual.

DirectQuery, pain and suffering. Have to think about it. Is it OK to create a composite model like this?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.