Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

sabariprabu
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Matrix Table - Does not show the Text comments mapped correctly

Please see the below table structure.

I have Three DimTables - Description, Date, Comments and One Fact Table linked to all Dim Keys.

In DimComments we have a field 'Comment' with the combination of Category, Product and different Year and Month.

sabariprabu_1-1677569709164.png

I am using a Power BI Matrix table where CategoryName and ProductName are kepts in Rows Hierarchy from DimDescription.

DimDate is kept as a slicer to select specific Year and Month. It is a Radio button so only one Year/Month will get selected.

In the values section of Matrix table I drag and drop the Amount Field from Fact and also the Comment field from DimComments. The problem which I am facing is Comment field is getting as blank after I drag and drop. 

I done the same scenario in a normal Power BI table and I can see the comments getting mapped correctly. But in Matrix table when i give the comment field, it is taking First Comment by default and showing as blank.

Please help.

In below image 1st there is a Matrix table with comments in values field. And in next we have comments in normal table and it maps correctly.

sabariprabu_2-1677570268933.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.