Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SureshPydi1
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Map - Missing data based on Legend

I have Used Power Bi map and Querying the data based on the filters in slicers. After applying the filters, i am missing some values (out of 58 - 2 values for now) missing in Power Bi Map Visual - (I am able to identify the missing records by exporting the Power BI map visual data to table and comparing the same data with Power BI Table Visual using the same filters).When i use same data filters to the Table Visual, i am able to see the missing records in the Visual.

Verified if there any spaces/Special charecters in the column data added in legend. It is not different from others

When i change the Legend column in Power BI Maps, i am able to see the data as expected (no missing records in the map). Can anyone help me what causing the issue here? 

6 REPLIES 6
SureshPydi1
Frequent Visitor

Hi @lbendlin ,

Yes, Here are details.

I have a map visual applying the filters using slicers data

SureshPydi1_0-1678697135536.png

Created Table Visual using Same filters and Data source in a different page (Slicers are in sync with two pages)

SureshPydi1_1-1678697257319.png

When we try to Export the data from Map Visual and Table visual i see some rows are missing form the data exported from Maps. After checking some time, replacing legend column with other column, i am able see the same data after Export from two visuals. But we need the same column as legend. 

i see there is no issues with legend column data. (no spaces, No special charecters). Can anyone help me here reason for the issue?

Are you geocoding based on addresses or on Lat/Lon coordinates?

Hi @lbendlin ,

No i didn't use the geo coding. Just FYI.., i have followed the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Uip9mhSkA&t=600s

Not sure what the relevance of the video is. Anyway consider improving the data column categorization or using geo coordinates instead (to avoid geocoding issues)

Hi @lbendlin ,

Found the issue. Issue with the data. Data is having Duplicates do it is not showing the other details. Thanks for your help

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.