Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Raviz

Power BI Embed — Hide string Param URL filter on Filter Pane(Report Embedded via REST API)

Scenario: My report is Embedded onto my organization website where till now I have been hiding the filter panel as I am unable to hide/ restrict user input for my AccountID column used as a string param URL filter.

But now I have drill through within the same report wherein I need the filter pane to erase the drill through filter selected value on the drilled through page to view entire results for that page visuals.

Any help/ suggested ref. Links with these below questions is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Q1(Preferred): How to hide/restrict user input for ONLY the string param URL filter on the Filter pane?

Q2: How do I clear the Drill through filter value without the filter pane? (If Q1 is not Possible I again have to hide back the filter pane).

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raviz ,

Please review the solutions in the following threads and check if they can resolve your problem:

Hiding filter pane is not working for embedded report in Power Apps Portal

Filter pane not hiding on powerbi embedded report (dynamics 365)

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No @v-yiruan-msft . These are solutions for either hiding/showing Filter Pane. I wanted a solution to hide ONLY the STRING PARAM URL FIlter on the Filter Pane Which comes by default If we filter via URL.

I got to use RLS Which is a solution for me not to show the ID part at all and also filter Report. Thank You but I cannot accept this as a solution !

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.