Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Desktop launch failure

For the context: I have downloaded the new version of Power BI (version: 2.112.1161.0) - please note that on my PC we need admin help to setup apps - and currently it is not launching, in order what happened: 

1. 1st install --> Power BI has been opened, but recieved a message about data folder cannot be created, after I hit the Ok button it has been launched, but I wasn't able to load in the data because of key credentials issues (we are using delta sharing connector), after that with admin help we have uninstalled Power BI desktop. 

2. 2nd install  --> It was sucessful, did not recieve the message about the data folder creation and I was able to load in the data, but to be sure I have restarted my PC and the followings happened: 

At first go, I've recived a message from the outlook that: 

mpataki32_0-1674154952224.png

I have closed the apps and after that outlook started normally - Teams as well -, but Power BI is not able to start, the only thing what is happening is this: 

mpataki32_1-1674155080365.png

Loading endlessly, can't open any kind of report nor the application is not opening. 

We have tried to reinstall the November 2022 version, but the same thing is happening, do you have any kind of idea how to solve this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

We found a solution for this: So actually we had to remove Microsoft Edge WebView2, but not only a simple uninstall, but had to delete its folder from Windows directory, then we re-setup'd the Power BI and the WebView2. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

We found a solution for this: So actually we had to remove Microsoft Edge WebView2, but not only a simple uninstall, but had to delete its folder from Windows directory, then we re-setup'd the Power BI and the WebView2. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.