Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sandsairam
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop is not reading BEX query.

In previous I was unable to connect with SAP BW Application server in Power BI Desktop. Now I can when I updated with latest version. But now I am facing other issue that I can not find bex query in the data source. Is there any other process to connect with BEx query in SAP BW? assist me. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandsairam ,
According to your description, I looked up the relevant documents, which mentioned that you can do BEx queries in Power BI Desktop by enabling the Release for External Access property, as shown in the following image:

vheqmsft_0-1712192803157.png

Meanwhile, the Enable characteristic structures selection changes the way characteristic structures are displayed in the navigator. A structure is an SAP BW object that can be used when building BEX queries. In the BEX UX they look like the following image.

vheqmsft_1-1712192905033.png

You can refer to the following document for more information on how to enable BEX in SAP BW
Use the SAP Business Warehouse (BW) Connector in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Use advanced options - Power Query | Microsoft Learn
SAP Business Warehouse connector troubleshooting - Power Query | Microsoft Learn
Navigate the query objects - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Issue was resolved. In Power BI, we can search by Info provider name. Search by BEx query name is not possible. 

Best Regards

Sandhya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.