Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop Update Notification

Hi

I recently updated the Power BI desktop app to the latest release in September 2021. After a few days, I now get the "update available" notification showing on the app and yet I am already running the latest version. Why does this notification pop up when the app is already upto date and how can this be resolved?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

What version of power bi desktop are you worked on? Have you checked the power bi official site to confirm if they have the same version as the download page displayed?

3.png
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

What version of power bi desktop are you worked on? Have you checked the power bi official site to confirm if they have the same version as the download page displayed?

3.png
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sheng.

I have compared the versions and noted that they are different. My desktop app has Version: 2.97.801.0

I will download again and confirm the versions are now aligned. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , check if someone already reported this issue or not. If not log a new one

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.