Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Power BI Desktop - June 2023 - Not able to connect Power BI Datasets

Hi,

Power BI Desktop - June 2023 - Not able to connect Power BI Datasets

Error reproducing steps:

sevenhills_0-1687543008349.png

sevenhills_1-1687543031225.png

sevenhills_2-1687543081407.png

When we copy the details to clipboard, it shows as ... (posting first few lines of the details)

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceException
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceProxy.GetResponse[T](ServiceProxyRequest request, String callerName)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceProxy.GetDatahubArtifacts(Nullable`1 pageNumber, Nullable`1 pageSize)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<>c__DisplayClass5_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.RetryableWebRequest.Execute()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<<MakeWebRequestAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<Execute>d__5`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

Error fixes:

Currently there are no fixes to this version. You may have to wait for next release. Wait to see for the updates.

Alternate solution: Install previous April 2023 version and it works fine! 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HamedM1125 ,

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Looks like MSFT team are actively working on this issue as per the status today ...

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/404-Error-trying-to-get-data-from-Power-BI-Dataset/...

HamedM1125
Advocate I
Advocate I

I just downloaded the latest version and this is working fine!

HamedM1125_0-1687800010300.png

Let me try this version ... Stay tuned!

Same issue, same error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Looks like there is investigating going on, for connecting to govt cloud...

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/404-Error-trying-to-get-data-from-Power-BI-Dataset/...

Thanks

HamedM1125
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @sevenhills

It is working fine. check if you have any vpn blockers?

Thanks,

Hamed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/hamed-mohammed-6aa073197/

No VPN blockers.

If I install previous version it works. Only the June 2023 version does not work. Same Error Message:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

FYI, All these work: Powershell scripts connecting to datasets, report builder, deploy to power bi workspace (both paginated reports, .pbix) 

Additionally, same error if I click any of these under OneLake data hub.... interesting!

sevenhills_0-1687801005839.png

Thanks

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sevenhills ,

I test it in my Power BI Desktop, able to successfully connect to PBI Dataset, please upgrade your Power BI Desktop from official download center Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

my version is:

vbinbinyumsft_0-1687769678371.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Support Team,

I tried again and it is not working and giving the same error! FYI, I have the same version.

sevenhills_0-1687796240299.png

I asked my team and they also had the same issue.

Additional Info: I can connect to Dataflows and no issues with dataflows. So, this says that it is not authentication issue. 

There is one more thread having the same issue and the solution will be there soon ... so it is not me alone I guess.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-June-2023-quot-Feature-requires-a...

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.