Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dhiraj13

Power BI DAX edit column in grouped table

I wanted to know if we can edit column of each and every grouped table.

I have a table which i have grouped by city.

i want to change the temp date on the basic of fisrt date in the grouped table.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dhiraj13 

Editing data in the data source would be better. This usually occupys the least memory and CPU resource and has a better performance. 

Otherwise if you have grouped data with Power Query and you hope to edit some data with Power Query, you can try using some Power Query functions to replace some values. This will need to iterate every row in the table so if the the table has too many rows, the transformation may experience a poor performance in Power BI. 

If you hope to edit data in existing columns with DAX, this is not possible. You have to create new columns with DAX to have new data. 

Hope this would be helpful. 

If you still hope to try editing it in Power BI, please provide some dummy data or an example to show how you want to edit it. We can then give a potential solution if that is possible. 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

would have to do that in the data source like a SQL Server table. You can not do that in Power BI unless you are really good with PowerQUery

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.