Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MKamran
Regular Visitor

Power BI Community with personal email ID

Hi everyone,

Can anyone let me know if I can join Power BI community through my personal email ID, rather than my official one?

Thanks in advance,

Kamran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MKamran ,

Community accounts can be registered without an office email ID, and personal accounts can be used normally.

vhenrykmstf_0-1664514804109.png

But if you are referring to some product services such as powerbi, then you need to register yourself using your work official email > students can use their university/school email ID. please keep in mind that it will not accept your personal emails such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

vhenrykmstf_2-1664515263275.png

More details, you can read below document:

Sign up or purchase the Power BI service as an individual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Natalie_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @MKamran,

Thank you for your question! @v-henryk-mstf provided the answer above.  Let me know if you need further assistance.

@amitchandak, thank you for mentioning me with this question!

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager  

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MKamran ,

Community accounts can be registered without an office email ID, and personal accounts can be used normally.

vhenrykmstf_0-1664514804109.png

But if you are referring to some product services such as powerbi, then you need to register yourself using your work official email > students can use their university/school email ID. please keep in mind that it will not accept your personal emails such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

vhenrykmstf_2-1664515263275.png

More details, you can read below document:

Sign up or purchase the Power BI service as an individual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MKamran
Regular Visitor

Thanks @amitchandak  for the reply, how can I contact to the tagged person in your reply?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MKamran , I doubt that. But let us check with Admin, @Natalie_iTalent , Can we can do with personal id

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.