Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asad_brohi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Cleaner not working in Power BI SidetoolsV.1.3.0

Hello All,

I am using a sample superstore dataset to experiment with the cleaner tool from the powerbi sidetools(an external tool). The intent behind this is to find a more handy solution for finding/removing unused columns from my model. But using it causes an error while calculating dax formulas for column usage and generates a new blank report. I have allowed privacy access from the currentfile settings but its still the same. I have attached an image of the tool and the error it generates.

Is there anything I am missing or is this tool still in the process of development? Also is using external tool like powerbi cleaner safe in terms of data privacy?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

asad_brohi_0-1685627979095.png

6 REPLIES 6
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @asad_brohi ,
I am sorry to hear that. This shouldn't happen.
Have you tried to refresh multiple times?
I've seen it that a refresh after these error-messages pop up solved the issue.
Otherwise I don't have any more ideas, unfortunately. It is working fine for me.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Hi @ImkeF ,

Just making sure that it works fine with you inside the Power BI Sidetools, is that correct? Because for me power bi cleaner works fine when used alone, but not inside the Power BI Sidetools (external tool).

Much thanks.

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

you have to disable privacy levels:
2023-06-02_18-15-55.png

2023-06-02_18-12-04.png

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Hi @ImkeF , thanks for the response, I did change the privacy level to ignore but unfortunately its still displaying the same error that I shared before.

asad_brohi
Frequent Visitor

If anyone has ever used powerbi cleaner using this external tool please do help!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Let us check with Imke

@ImkeF , Please help with this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.