Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Brad

Power BI - Assign value to column depending on another columns value.

As the title suggests, i want to assign a value to a column depending on another columns value. For example, if the a field in the 'car' column had a value between 0-9 i want the corressponding field in the 'cargroup' column to be 1. If the value in 'car' was 10-19 i want the value in 'cargroup' to be 2 and so on... What formula would i use to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Brad,

The formula @Sean posted is correct. I have test it, it returns the right result.

1.PNG

If you have have resolved your issue, please mark corresponding reply as answer, which will help other people find the solution easily.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Column =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    'Table'[Car] >= 0  && 'Table'[Car] <= 9, 1,
    'Table'[Car] >= 10 && 'Table'[Car] <= 19, 2,
)

Hi @Brad,

The formula @Sean posted is correct. I have test it, it returns the right result.

1.PNG

If you have have resolved your issue, please mark corresponding reply as answer, which will help other people find the solution easily.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.