Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AnnaMagnusson
Helper I
Helper I

Possible to remove part of a measure?

Hi!

Is there a way to remove/or ignore part(s) of a measure?

In my measure (comp straight) I want to remove the grey dashed line in the begining (10-01), since comp is blank there. Tried using firstnonblankvalue or filter, by using currentday >= a, but doesn't work. I would also like to do the same but if there are blank values for the last dates. I used a instead of nextdate but then the line between 10-06 and 10-09 isn't straight anymore.

Any suggestions?

(It's a cathegorical axis)

1.JPG

comp straight =
var s = ALLSELECTED(Dim_Machine_Comp[Name])
var p = allselected('dim_mach'[Name])
VAR CurrentDay = SELECTEDVALUE(Fact_IntDay[DateDay])
VAR PrevDate = CALCULATE(MAX(Fact_IntDay[DateDay]), and(Fact_IntDay[Moving Average] <> BLANK() , Fact_IntDay[DateDay] < CurrentDay), filter(dim_machine_comp, dim_machine_comp[name] in s), removefilters(dim_machine[Name]), filter('dim_mach', 'dim_mach'[Name] in p))
VAR NextDate = CALCULATE(MIN(Fact_IntDay[DateDay]), and( Fact_IntDay[Moving Average] <> BLANK() , Fact_IntDay[DateDay] > CurrentDay ), filter(dim_machine_comp, dim_machine_comp[name] in s), removefilters(dim_machine[Name]), filter('dim_mach', 'dim_mach'[Name] in p))

var a = FIRSTNONBLANKVALUE(Fact_IntDay[DateDay], [Comp])
var b = LASTNONBLANKVALUE(Fact_IntDay[DateDay], [Comp])

VAR Gap = calculate( value(NextDate-PrevDate))
VAR CurrentDiff = calculate(value(currentday - PrevDate))
VAR PrevD = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Fact_IntDay[Moving Average]),Fact_IntDay[DateDay] = PrevDate,filter(dim_machine_comp, dim_machine_comp[name] in s), removefilters(dim_machine[Name]), filter('dim_mach', 'dim_mach'[Name] in p))
VAR NextD = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Fact_IntDay[Moving Average]), Fact_IntDay[DateDay] = NextDate, filter(dim_machine_comp, dim_machine_comp[name] in s), removefilters(dim_machine[Name]), filter('dim_mach', 'dim_mach'[Name] in p))
VAR OutputValue = calculate(PrevD + ( Divide(NextD - PrevD , Gap) * CurrentDiff))

var sw = SWITCH( TRUE(), ISINSCOPE(Fact_IntDay[DateDay]), OutputValue, [comp comb hour straight lines])
return
calculate(if(isblank([Comp]), sw, [Comp]), filter('dim_mach', 'dim_mach'[Name] in p))
1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You will need to create separate measures for each line segment that you want to show.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.