Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arendp
Helper III
Helper III

Popup to enter e-mail address keep popping up

hello, I have the following issue: When I try to login in my Power BI account from PBI Desktop, I enter my e-mail address, but this screen keeps popping up. Very short a message like the following appears: "an attempt is made" but then quickly it goes back to the screen to enter e-mail address.

I am sure the credentials are correct. Logging into Power BI Service with the same details works perfect.

Logging in to other accounts in Power BI Desktop also works perfect. 

Any idea what this could be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arendp ,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Customer is unable to sign-in in power bi desktop using account

ICM: 285762606

In the latest update of this ICM, the fix for this issue is expected to be 3/2.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arendp ,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Customer is unable to sign-in in power bi desktop using account

ICM: 285762606

In the latest update of this ICM, the fix for this issue is expected to be 3/2.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi, any idea when this will be solved? Does it mean i need to download a new Power BI version?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arendp , I think one more user reported this a few days back. Can you check if you have enabled Web View under preview features (option and settings)

If yes and still it did not work, check issues - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

hi, thanks for your answer.

there is no such option in my list.

Below is Dutch, but web view should be sort of the same name:

Arendp_0-1645634407578.png

this is the latest version of Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.