Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hfcamilo
Frequent Visitor

Pop-up new slicer in case of multiple choice in previous slicer

Hi All,

I'm struggling to build this use-case, if I choose two processes that are running in parallel, but in different stages, the list of tasks is updated accordingly.

Here is a short example of Data View:

hfcamilo_2-1709811792723.png

Next a screenshot of the dashboard:

hfcamilo_3-1709811884576.png

In the above situation, if I choose for example also "Process E" then it should display (or highlight in different color) further 2 slicers for "Actual Stage" and "Target Stage" to interact only with Process E and table of tasks. Is it somehow possible?
Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
hfcamilo
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Gabriele_hbto ,

indeed the application may demand some complex measures to be implemented.

Next a screenshot of the Model:

hfcamilo_0-1709889517723.png

Both "Actual Stage" filters interact with "Taget Stage" only through a simple measure, that basic hides the actual stage in the target slicers (similar is done for P2):

Hide_ActualStage_in_TargetStage_P1 =
IF (
    MAX('Tasks'[Stage]) IN ALLSELECTED('Actual Stage P1'[Stage]),
)

I've never worked with duplicated dimension tables and would appreciate any good reference on it.
Thank you!

So let me understand, if you select Process A, you want to select actual and target stage that affects only process A, if you select Process E you want to select actual and target stage that affect only process E. If you select also Process G you want to select actual and target stage that affects only process G, am i right?

Exactly, that's correct!

Ok sorry for the late reply. Then probably duplicate the dim table won't work.

I am thinking what if you merge the dim stage with the dim process?

So in the filter of the process you will have another level under each process that relate just to that process. I think this could work but you need to try.

If not you can try to make a new post with all the correct info, someone more expert than me maybe could help you more

Gabriele_hbto
Helper II
Helper II

You can't directly show or hide objects based on a value selected in the filter.

However, you can achieve a similar outcome by placing the filters in the report and then applying a filter on these filters. Check if your values are selected, then display the values; otherwise, display blank.

So, you'll essentially add two more filters without any values to be selected if "process e" isn't selected. Then, when you select "process e," values in these new filters will become visible.

Thanks, it seems to be a way to go.

In this case, how could I define measure(s) for the first filters to interact only with "Process A" and in case a second process is chosen (e.g. Process E), then the two extra filters only interact with this one?

I'm not entirely certain; it seems quite complicated. We may need to examine the entire model. Could you try pasting a screenshot of the model view?

Possibly, you might need to duplicate the dimension table for the new two slicers and define in the measure how to use the filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.