Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

abcd
Frequent Visitor

Point-in-time for a change log

Hello,

My organisation has a subscription based model where customers subscribe to us. I would like a measure that calculates how many subscribers we have on a given date. The complicating factor is that someone can subscribe, unsubscribe, and then resubscribe again - and will maintain the same customer ID. This is not uncommon.

The data is like this:

- CalendarAuto generated date table

- Table called ins_outs that is like this:

Customer IDChange DateOld StatusNew Status
eg 1234515/3/21SubscribedUnsubscribed
1111113/3/21UnsubscribedSubscribed
2222211/3/21NULL (if entering for first time)Subscribed

So what I need is a measure that will use this sort of logic:

for a selected date x (using slicer)

the most recent change that happened before x is to suscribe AND there are no changes after x

I can't figure out how to get this 'most recent change' logic partitioned over customer ID

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@abcd , Create a measure like this are try

Measure =
VAR __id = MAX ('Table'[Customer ID] )
VAR __date = CALCULATE ( MAX('Table'[Change Date] ), ALLSELECTED ('Table' ), 'Table'[Customer ID] = __id )
countx( values(table[Customer ID]),if( CALCULATE ( max ('Table'[New Status] ), VALUES ('Table'[Customer ID] ),'Table'[Customer ID] = __id,'Table'[Change Date] = __date ) = "Subscribed", [Customer ID], blank()))

Hi! Thanks for replying. I tried this, but I don't think the IF statement is behaving correctly. Why are we taking max member id? It seems to be looking at whatever that max row is - if it's "Subscribed" it'll return the count of ALL the rows from that day (including the unsubs) and if it's "Unsubcribed" it returns blank.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.