Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

carvajalaa
Frequent Visitor

Pivot Table with DAX

Team, I hope you can help me with these.

I have this dataset.

IDConceptalpha_valuenumber_valuedate_value
AnnabelGenderFemale  
AnnabelCountryFrance  
AnnabelCityNantes  
AnnabelWeight 78.8 
AnnabelHeight 1.78 
AnnabelBirth Date  1/12/1983
BruceGenderMale  
CharlotteGenderFemale  
CharlotteCountryItaly  
CharlotteCityPisa  
CharlotteWeight 76.5 
CharlotteHeight 1.75 
CharlotteSiblings 4 
CharlottePets 2 
CharlotteBirth Date  4/22/1943
CharlotteFirst Job Date  2/19/1958
CharlotteLast Job Date  3/24/2023

I'd like to pivot Concept column, using alpha_value, number_value and date_value as values, keeping data type and getting this table as a result, using DAX to keep data conectivity mode as direct

IDGenderCountryCityWeightHeightSiblingsPetsBirth DateFirst Job DateLast Jobe Date
AnnabelFemale   FranceNantes78.81.78  1/12/1983  
CharlotteFemaleItalyPisa76.51.75424/22/19432/19/19583/24/2023

I'm getting data from a DB and I'd like to keep direct mode.

Thanks and Regards!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@carvajalaa see attached pbix file, it will get you started.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

Thankyou parry2k, good start, your code in power query help me a lot to refine mine, it was a little rustic, in the end, I have to change to import mode because of the power query commands, I'll keep trying to get some code for DAX if it exists, or a SQL code to import data from database already ordered as needed, I appreciate your help. Regards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@carvajalaa @Please accept it as a solution so that others can benefit from it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@carvajalaa see attached pbix file, it will get you started.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@carvajalaa what is the condition? X in any row of the ID column?

Thankyou parry2k, good start, your code in power query help me a lot to refine mine, it was a little rustic, in the end, I have to change to import mode because of the power query commands, I'll keep trying to get some code for DAX if it exists, or a SQL code to import data from database already ordered as needed, I appreciate your help. Regards!

Hi parry2k, thanks for answer, I rephrased the question and changed data to make it more understandable, with this new data, I'm trying to pivot Concept column, using all person records that are Female in the alpha_value column, I mean to use all records of Annabel and Charlotte, using alpha_value, number_value and date_value as values, keeping data type and get a table as shown above. Thanks again and regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.