Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gjadal
Employee
Employee

Performance too slow of Desktop and published report

What might be the reason for my report to take > 10seconds to load on the powerbi site.

Also publishing the report takes about > 5min sometimes.

I have a small dataset with 1 table and about 300 rows but has about 100 columns.

Is the number of columns causing the performance degradation?

4 REPLIES 4
HLane

I have the same problem, only since I downloaded the latest version of Power BI last week. Now it is taking at least 5-10 minutes to publish the data (not significantly different in size, and with fewer data points). Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

The same problem here.

My reports are now take very long time to publish, and i havn't changed much in the models.

@gjadal wrote:

but has about 100 columns.

Is the number of columns causing the performance degradation?

Highly likely. Just test it. Create a copy, delete 90 columns and then load it up and see what happens. Wide tables are very problematic in power pivot. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Number of rows and columns is obviously very small but that doesn't tell the whole story

How big is the file? Do you have columns that contain large amount of text/comments unnecessary for data analysis?

But it also sounds like an internet connection / speed issue?

what OS are you running?

From the posts I've read here seems few people not on Win 10 have performance issues...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.