Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Steve_AAA
Frequent Visitor

Performance measures when there is no data

I have a number of key performance measures that form the basis of our monthly reports. The overall percentages are based on the number of sites/departments we have. For most of the measures we have data, so they are DIVIDE measures. The overall measure though needs to take into account the total number of sites/departments we have. For example have 10 departments, five have performance data, five do not. Each of the departments with performance data score 20% each. How can I write my measure so that it returns 60% rather than 20%?

For example one of my KPI measures is based on feedback surveys. If a survey has scored above a 4 then it is a pass or 100%. If a site/department hasn't had any feedback surveys returned in the month then their score should also be 100% and factored into the overall score for the company.

I want to visualise the measures in two places - one as an overal score and another broken down by site/department so we can see which areas are not performing as well. 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Steve_AAA , Assume you have measure performance %, you need a measure like

Sumx(Values(Table[Department]), [performance %])

This is giving me a figure but not the correct one. I have my data set up as follows:

1. A table containing the feedback survey responses

2. A locations table showing all the locations and which deparement/site they belong to - this is joined to the feedback table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.