Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexander76877
Helper II
Helper II

Performance Analyzer not showing results on DirectQuery - only on DAX Query

When I click on "copy query", the Performance Analyzer used to show the query statements both for DAX query and for Direct Query. I didn´t use it for a long time but now only the DAX query part is shown. But the visual definitely pulls data from a direct query data source so there has to be some query statement. But it is missing. 

I´ll be installing DaxStudio but it would be much simpler if the performance analyzer showed me both parts of the statement. Does anybody know how to get the DirectQuery statement?

Alexander 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alexander76877 , When I tried last time, in DAX query given both. Make sure query is not coming from cache

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alexander76877
Helper II
Helper II

Wow, you just solved a completely different problem of mine.

First of all, I cleared the caches under option/Global/Data Load. But that didn´t help, the directquery statement still didn´t occur. 

Then I created a new PBI report from scratch, connecting to a datamart via DQ. Now performance analyzer showed the DQ statement. So far so good.

Then I created another new PBI report from scratch but now connecting to the data source I have the trouble with, again via DQ. Performance analyzer still does not show DQ statement. Completely weird. 

The difference is that the second data source is Azure Data Explorer, connected via DQ. Definetely no import but still no DQ statement. This seems to be the reason why I have performance issues with ADE in the first place - query caching from ADE.

Thanks

Alexander

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alexander76877 , When I tried last time, in DAX query given both. Make sure query is not coming from cache

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.