Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentage of Selected Values and Not Grand Total

Hi,

I am looking for the correct solution to show the percentage against selected values and not the default GT%

I have a table with 3 fileds at the moment FINANCIALYEAR, TOTALVALUETOBU and GT% TOTALVALUETOBU.

At the moment the TOTALVALUETOBU is correct and shows exactly what i want to see, however the GT% field is showing the % of the whole grand total and not the % of the FINANCIALYEAR i have filtered on the table (21,22,23,24)

Please can someone help me create the correct measure to add into my chart. Please not the fields in the pie chart is what im tryin to achieve in the table below

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your picture, I think the calculation of the total of [TOTALVALUETOBU] in the pie chart is correct, but it’s incorrect in the table chart, you can take a look:

v-robertq-msft_0-1607677579325.png

Therefore, It also leads to the total %GT of [TOTALVALUETOBU] is more than 100%, I think you should check it again.

If you still have a problem, you can post some sample data in table form or pbix file(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like the chart you want to get and the correct measure value based on your sample data) so that we can help you in advance

Thanks very much!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your picture, I think the calculation of the total of [TOTALVALUETOBU] in the pie chart is correct, but it’s incorrect in the table chart, you can take a look:

v-robertq-msft_0-1607677579325.png

Therefore, It also leads to the total %GT of [TOTALVALUETOBU] is more than 100%, I think you should check it again.

If you still have a problem, you can post some sample data in table form or pbix file(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like the chart you want to get and the correct measure value based on your sample data) so that we can help you in advance

Thanks very much!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Ypu can add the measure again and in visual pane right click and show Value as % of total

Percent of total.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have done this already and this is showing as the GT% field, which is showing percentage of the grand total for every financial year in the dataset. I only want a percentage of the total where the financial years are 21,22,23 and 24 the same as the pie chart above.

Thanks

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.