Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RandomUser06
Frequent Visitor

Percent of Status Changes

Hello, 

I am new to PowerBI and i am trying to build a report that measures the staus changes in a month and displays it in a percentage form. 

To explain it better, the report is connected to a sharepoitnt list that keeps a track of ideas flowing in from an idea generation tool. The report need to measure the total ideas that are coming in a month. It also needs to measure the status changes that occur for ideas in that month. Then display it in a percent format.

The status has 5 types. For review is default and anything else is considered a feedback. Which means i need it to measure when it gets changed. 

Can someone pls help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RandomUser06,

Here is the sample that I built based on the random dummy data. You can refer to the following measure formulas to get the count and percentage based on conditions if suitable for your requirement.(notice: they can dynamic response with status filter selections)

Feedback =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Table'[ID] ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), [Status] <> "review" ),
    VALUES ( 'Table'[Date] ),
    VALUES ( 'Table'[Status] )
)

Rate =
DIVIDE (
    [Feedback],
    CALCULATE (
        COUNT ( 'Table'[ID] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ),
    )
)

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandomUser06
Frequent Visitor

RandomUser06_0-1675825896786.png

This is a row of data from the list i can post here. What i am looking for should look something like this in the powerbi report:

Basically the status types are for review(default), pending more information, backlogged, approved, Not progressing. I need the report to register any other status other than for review is a feedback given and count that in the feedback provided column. I need it to also count all feedbacks in total and calculate the percent of feedback given for the percent of feedback given column. All this needs to be on a montly basis too. Hope that explains my dillemma a bit better 

MonthCount of ideasFeedback Provided

Percent of feedback provided

Jan2012

60%

Hi @RandomUser06,

Here is the sample that I built based on the random dummy data. You can refer to the following measure formulas to get the count and percentage based on conditions if suitable for your requirement.(notice: they can dynamic response with status filter selections)

Feedback =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Table'[ID] ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), [Status] <> "review" ),
)

Rate =
DIVIDE (
    [Feedback],
    CALCULATE (
        COUNT ( 'Table'[ID] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ),
    )
)

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RandomUser06,

Can you please share some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results to pasted here with table format? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.