Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

arichard19
Resolver I
Resolver I

Pending Changes

Pending Queries.PNGAfter updating BI, I am now receiving a "Pending Changes" error. However, after refreshing my model or clicking apply, the error continues to return. Regardless what I do whether it is refreshing all the tables in my model or going into Power Query itself, the pending changes error will not go away

13 REPLIES 13
Jorge_Dier
Frequent Visitor

Best regards.

I have the same problem and the error happens after upgrading to Version: 2.82.5858.1121 64-bit (June 2020).

How can we fix it ?, before the update my report worked very well.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This was solved.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Happens to me also.  Started after I upgraded to June 2020 version.  Rolled back to the 3rd May release and same thing is happening.  Is this going to get fixed?

marshal115
Frequent Visitor

Yes this happens to me too.

I don't know why but my case is there are several queries I've created inside Power BI with Enter Data that seem to be the problem. 

eliasjd
Regular Visitor

The same thing happens to me, now that I upgrade to Version: 2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June 2020)

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @arichard19 ,

"Pending Changes" in Power BI are more to do with any applied steps in Query Editor that were not saved.

So, try "Apply Query Changes" option to save these chnages.

If you are seeing an error which doing this, then can you post the error you are getting?

It's hard to answer anything without any detail here.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@arichard19 , you might have done some changes in power query which are not saved. You have closed it not close and apply

I have done this. I have clicked apply changes and the page refreshes without any errors and the pending changes notification returns. Additionally I have hit refresh on the page as well as open Power Query to see if any errors or pending changes have no happened. Whenever I open Power Query, there are not error messages or errors signs to be seen and even after I hit "Close & Apply" the notification remains

HI @arichard19 ,

This sounds strange. Can you please share some screesnhots or the pbix file if possible removing any sensitive information?

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

We do have individuals working or using reports in several different languages, could a query error be deriving from Power Query code being written in a different language? This was not previously an issue, but could a recent update have changed this?

HI @arichard19 ,

Not sure on why error is still coming and can't comment further without seeing the pbix file.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hello all. I also just started having this same issue, for the first time. The "There are pending changes in you queries..." does not go away. The queries are good on the Query Editor. Anyone could solve this yet?

Thanks

Query changes return with checkmarks and no errors, within power query no errors are seen. I can close and apply query and it will refresh without issues but the apply changes notification still returns

Pending Queries 1.PNGPending Queries 2.PNGPending Queries 3.PNGPending Queries.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.