Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

deandob

Passing filter selected from PowerBI to an embedded PowerApp

Hi,

New PowerBI user here.

I have a powerapp app that I would like to integrate within a powerbi dashboard using an iframe and 'embed web content' with a tile. This works, however I would like to pass the selected filters from the powerbi dashboard to the embedded powerapp so that when new filters are selected the powerapps reacts accordingly. On the powerapps side this is done by passing a parameter on the URL however I can't work out how to have powerbi dynamically adjust the URL and refresh the powerapps iframe with the new URL parameters when the filter changes. Or even if this is possible.

Any tips on how to do this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something like this?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/filter-a-report-with-a-url-query-string-parameter/

This is an older article and i think it says you are restricted to a single filter, however i believe this has been increased now to allow multiple parameters.

Hi Ross, thanks for the reply. I think this will work but I took another approach that was simpler to integrate (used a link instead of embedding).

Can you share an example of how you did this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.