Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matt22365
Resolver III
Resolver III

Parameter slider not working correctly

Hi all

I hope someone can help

I have created a currancy exchange rate parameter table to use in a measure to multiply cost values from another table.

The measure works great but the parameter visual doesnt seem to accept the value I type in

e.g. I type in 1.1732 to the parameter visual and the value it locks on is 1.174999

The parameter tables formula =  

Exchange Rate = GENERATESERIES(0.5, 4, 0.0001)
I have change the increment value to see if that affects it but still no luck
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Matt 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Matt22365 

Maybe you can refer to the following way

1.Create the follwing table

Table = ADDCOLUMNS(GENERATESERIES(0.5, 4, 0.0001),"Round",CONVERT(ROUNDDOWN([Value],4),STRING))

2.Put the Round field of the table to the slicer, and change the slicer type to "Dropdown" and open the search function

vxinruzhumsft_0-1678775876515.png

Then create a measure, you can use the measure to calculate

Measure = ROUNDDOWN(CONVERT(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Round]),DOUBLE),4)

vxinruzhumsft_1-1678775962160.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt22365 

After tesing, you need to set to keep four decimal places first

vxinruzhumsft_0-1678243278848.png

Then change the slicer selection type to between  , the parameter can work

vxinruzhumsft_1-1678243363393.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft 

Thanks for getting back to me

Changing the decimal places has helped as I can now show the 4 I need.

Id prefer to leave it as a single value slider if I can as this will help reduce complexity when the user is choosing an exhange rate. However, I still get the same issue when I type in 1.1732 it changes to 1.1748

maybe a rounding issue? 

1.1732 does exist in the parameter table so im not sure why I cant select it in the slicer

Thanks

Matt 

Edit - after a further review it seems the parameter slicer is moving in increments rather than the individual values. e.g. 1.1732 round to 1.1748, 2.2100 moves to 2.1014

Hi @Matt22365 

After testing, when using single value, it will only take numbers that are infinitely close to the entered value, and it is not accurate to the input number, so it is better to use the between type

It will only take numbers that are infinitely close to the entered value, and it is not accurate to the input number, so it is better to use the between type

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft 

Thats a shame.

Unfortunately the between function wont work for me as I am using the selected value in a measure to recalculate some cost values in my table. The measure only works if a single value is selected, even if you make both the between values the same it unfortunately wont work

My Measures:

SelectedValue = SELECTEDVALUE('parameter table'[parameter],1)

Cost values = SUM(Costs[Costs])*[UserSelected])

Thanks

Matt 

Hi @Matt22365 

Maybe you can refer to the following way

1.Create the follwing table

Table = ADDCOLUMNS(GENERATESERIES(0.5, 4, 0.0001),"Round",CONVERT(ROUNDDOWN([Value],4),STRING))

2.Put the Round field of the table to the slicer, and change the slicer type to "Dropdown" and open the search function

vxinruzhumsft_0-1678775876515.png

Then create a measure, you can use the measure to calculate

Measure = ROUNDDOWN(CONVERT(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Round]),DOUBLE),4)

vxinruzhumsft_1-1678775962160.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.