Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ancacocosco
Frequent Visitor

Paginated reports -- database/extranal stored image not displayed (but ok in PBI Service & Desktop)

hello,

still quite new at paginated reports, so seeking some hints on solving this puzzle.

I have a DB that stores images (pdng). In PBI desktop and service I sucesfully load my image (even if I do not understand why is so small). I also added the lenght of my string (the column where this is stored is then set as Image URL). So I am not yet hitting the 32K limit

ancacocosco_0-1663519142381.png

Now, moving in the paginated report, I add a Tablix, and in the image_prn I add a image (as extranal or database)

ancacocosco_1-1663519232518.png

I also added the column showing me the length of the string containing the image, as well as a column with the string itself

When I View this report in the Service (so I publish) I do get this error

ancacocosco_2-1663519336862.png

But as a test and copy all the string in the column where I am just displaying the image string, and then open a browser... and there there is no problem seeing the image

ancacocosco_3-1663519402909.png

Any hints?

many thanks in advance

Anca

3 REPLIES 3
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ancacocosco ,

According to the error message can see, the image is a external image. From the official document can see,

When the report is run in Report Builder or Report Designer, preview uses the credentials of the user to display the image. When the report is run on the report server, the image in the report may not be displayed if the server credentials are not sufficient to access the image. In that case, contact your system administrator.

For more information about adding an external image to a report, see Add an External Image (Report Builder and SSRS).

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

the image is actually stored in the database, in the field called image. That is why I mentioned I also display the text of the field that stores the image, and if I copy the text and past in a broswer, the image appears. So it is not an externally stored image. Also, in PBI Desktop or Service I can see it

Many thanks for maybe giving me more hints

Did you ever have any luck with this? I have been struggling with the same issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.