Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a4
Helper III
Helper III

Page no. is not getting filtered out dunamically

I am using Table visual to create a report. Table visual doesn't have the functionality of pagination,so I did some workaround and was able to achieve pagination(50 records per page).

I have in total around 5 slicers in my report. Please find the below screenshot for better understanding.

Screenshot (194)_LI.jpg

As soon as I apply any filter, based upon the filter the page no. slicer(50 records per page) should adjust the page no according to that . Suppose if I select Argentina from country slicer(above screenshot) it is filtered down to two records so the Page no . slicer should be dynamically change to one(50 records per page).But I am unable to achieve this.

Here are my list of dax formulas which I have used for Pagination:

DistinctCount(Broker)=CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('quotedetails'[Trimname]),FILTER('quotedetails','quotedetails'[_perdaygrosspremium]<>BLANK()))
Parameter = GENERATESERIES(1, INT([Distinct Count(Broker)]/50)+1, 1) (calculated table to capture page no.)

Parameter Value = SELECTEDVALUE('Parameter'[Page no.])(Measure in the parameter table)

FilterMeasue = IF([New Rank]>=([Parameter Value]-1)*50+1 && [New Rank]<= [Parameter Value]*50,1,-1) (Measure which is being applied on visual filters). Please find below screenshot.

New Rank = CALCULATE( RANKX(ALL('Club Year Data'[Trim name]),ROUND([_perdaygrosspremium minus _perdaycommission 2],2),,DESC,Dense),ALLSELECTED('Club Year Data'),VALUES('Club Year Data'[Trim name]))( Rank measure)

Screenshot (196)_LI.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards
Amit Kumar

7 REPLIES 7
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @a4 ,

We have added your request “Support Hyperlinks” to our backlog.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread. 

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to provide the same for any of our visuals.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply.It would be great if you guys can make any column in Grid Visual as hyperlink.

Kind Regards

Amit Kumar

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @a4 ,

It is not supported to filter slicers by measures. And for calculated columns, they can be dragged to filter pane to filter slicers. But it is static rather than dynamical in this way.

You could try the custom visual of Grid by MAQ Software. It can create pagination easily.

Grid by MAQ Software - Power BI Visual Introduction 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi
Thanks for your reply but MAQ Grid Visual doesn't support hyperlink. I need Hyperlink along with pagination.

Hi @a4 ,

You are right. The links can't be opened directly in the Grid visual. You could try the feature of "show data" to click hyperlinks.

2.gif

The DAX formulas can't filter slicers dynamically. So if this way can't help you, I'm afraid there is not a workaround to implement it.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xue

Thanks for your reply.Is There any other visual which supports hyperlink as well as pagination.I don't know when Power BI team is going to encorporate this feature in table visual.It is one of the fundamental requirements to encorpoarate pagination in table when there are two many records to be displayed in a Power BI report.

Kind Regards

Amit Kumar

Hi @a4 ,

Only the grid custom visual can implement it. Sorry for that. Maybe you could try the feature of "Show data" Or you could vote up the ideas to get it fixed quickly.

Pagination in table reports 

Pagination should be available while using Table Visual. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.