Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pankumar
Frequent Visitor

PBI not authenticating API but working fine with postman

"Posting Again"
Hi guys, I am trying to access an API in PBI but getting authentication error. Same API is working fine in postman and returning token. Please can anyone help to solve the issue.

API URL working in postman - https://ClientID:ClientSecret@URL/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials

Authentication Type - No Auth
Response from postman:

"access_token""*********"
 "token_type""bearer",
 "expires_in"3599

Error in PBI:

pankumar_0-1663237508793.png

Error

pankumar_1-1663237592815.png

2 REPLIES 2
pankumar
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-yanjiang-msft for the reply. I tried after clearing permissions but still not working. It's again same authentication error. I don't know why it's working in postman and not in PBI.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pankumar ,

This maybe a permission/authentication error. When you ever connect to  your data source in an unauthorized account, the corresponding credential would be created. You may need to change credential,  go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings”, under “Global permissions”, select old data source connections and click on Edit permission in Power BI Desktop, then connect to it and check if it is successful.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.